No option available for saving files

Calvin Spealman cspealma at redhat.com
Fri Jun 7 10:51:36 EDT 2019

The python shell is good for experimenting and testing some things out, but
you are right it isn't for writing programs you actually re-use and run
later. You can use any text editor you want, Visual Studio Code and Sublime
Text are both popular, but anything will do at all. There is also a simple
editor with integration for running Python included in the Python Windows
installer, called IDLE. You should be able to find that in your start menu.