Proper shebang for python3

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 22:24:24 EDT 2019

On 7/24/19 4:20 PM, Cameron Simpson wrote:
> That is some progress, hooray. Then there's just sbin -> bin to go.

I suppose in the olden days sbin was for static binaries, usable in
single user mode for recovering the system without the main drive
mounted.  In more recent times, binaries that are mostly applicable to
the super user go there.  I don't see why you would want to merge those.
 A normal user rarely has need of much in /sbin.  Already /bin has way
too much stuff in it (although I don't see any other way to practically
do it without ridiculous PATHs searching all over the disk).

Having said that, I note that on my CentOS 7 workstation, sbin seems to
be in the path by default. So that negates my argument I suppose.
Although I might have made that change myself.