Proper shebang for python3

Tim Daneliuk info at tundraware.com
Sat Jul 20 19:02:12 EDT 2019

On 7/20/19 5:47 PM, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
>> Using env for everything is a terrible idea and one that
>> will basically make virtual environments useless.
>
> Not if you manage them properly.
>
> Everyone's mileage is different, but when I enter a venv, I ensure everything I do
> there is packaged to work together.  I pip install things in there and ensure
> that the tools I invoke will work in that environment.
>
> In the example you cite, I would simply run the tools in question outside any
> environment where I know they don't work.

I guess I should clarify something:

1) I pip install everything locally inside my own $HOME for that set of things I need
   generally and will not be using in a venv.

2) I pip install everything I need in each venv, even if it already exists under 1) above.

I effectively treat venvs as fully self-contained environments to the degree possible.