Books for Python 3.7

Mon Jul 15 19:42:26 EDT 2019

Wlfraed probably knows a thing-or-two about kicking-over ants'
nests/wasps' nests...

Talking about books is one thing. Judging them by asyncio coverage is
quite another - and rather unfair. The use and methods of asyncio have
changed frequently and markedly since '3.0'. Books take time to produce,
sell, buy, and consume...

Recommend OP takes a look at the LeanPub series: Python Apprentice;
Journeyman; and Master. They also publish Mike Driscoll - few of which I
have read personally [hangs head in embarrassment/shame], but I do
follow his "Mouse Vs Python" web site...

I much prefer to learn from a dead-tree presentation - and likely gain
as much benefit from being able to 'look stuff up', thereafter. However,
YMMV!

Accordingly, the OP might like to broaden his analysis beyond books
(paper or on-line) and take a look at MOOCs (on-line courses). Each
platform seems to offer something on Python (some good, some tedious,
some little more than puffery) [disclaimer: 'my' courses (non-Python)
are hosted on edX].

Just this morning I noted a veritable wave of free courses being
released on the Swayam platform (Indian universities) including:  The
Joy of Computing using Python
(https://www.classcentral.com/course/swayam-the-joy-of-computing-using-python-14329).

NB sadly I don't have time to attempt/review this myself, but would be
intrigued to hear from you, should you...

Last comment (to OP): you should be aware of the Python version
'covered'. Am not convinced that v3.7 is that important - to a beginner.
Thus, maybe accept v3.5+, and make a practice of reviewing the Python
docs - especially the Release Notes if you think version differences are
important/worthy of particular concern.

Regards =dn