What's wrong on using Popen's communicate method?

jfong at ms4.hinet.net jfong at ms4.hinet.net
Sat Jul 6 22:57:19 EDT 2019

eryk sun於 2019年7月7日星期日 UTC+8上午10時13分34秒寫道:
> On 7/6/19, jfong at ms4.hinet.net <jfong at ms4.hinet.net> wrote:
> >
> > According to the info you give, I have done the following steps:
> > 1. Upgrade to SP2 first.
> > 2. Install the CRT update.
> > But the result is still the same, nothing happens after double click the
> > file python-3.6.1.exe.
>
> Did you reboot after installing the updates? Afterward, did you
> confirm in the system properties that you're running SP2? Did you
> check that "%SystemRoot%\System32\ucrtbase.dll" exists, plus a bunch
> of "api-ms-win-crt-*.dll" DLLs in the same directory?
>
> > I deeply appreciate your help. It looks like that Vista has to live with
> > Python 3.4 for its rest of life:-)
>
> That is not true in general for Vista. It's particular to your
> computer. Check the installer logs in your %TEMP% directory for
> errors, which will typically be an HRESULT error code that starts with
> 0x8, such as 0x80070002.
>
> Try downloading and installing the 64-bit version:
>
> https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.6.8/python-3.6.8-amd64.exe

Yes, it's SP2 showing up in Start->Computer->Properities window. Also in System32 directory, there is ucrtbase.dll and a bunch of api-ms-win-crt-*.dll too.

In TEMP, there is only one file "chrome_installer.log" dated at the time of doing the upgrade (strange?, why chrome?). No errors in it.

I can't. My Vista is 32bit. Anyway I will give v3.6.8 a try later.

--Jach