How do I get a python program to work on my phone?

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 10:44:42 EST 2019

On 2019-01-29 5:52 a.m., Bob Gailer wrote:
> An interesting alternatives to create a simple web page to run in the
> phone's browser. If you don't already have a server on the web you can rent
> one from secure dragon for as low as $12 a year. Install websocketd and
> python. Websocketd lets you do all sorts of interesting things such as
> serve static pages, CGI programs, and use websockets. Websockets requires a
> little bit of JavaScript but makes the interaction between a browser page
> and a Python program on the server ridiculously easy. Much easier than
> Ajax. Feel free to ask for more information. I posted a Python program on
> the websocketd website that shows how to do the server side of websockets
> communication.

If you're willing to forego Python and embrace Javascript, there are
many options, some are fairly easy to get into.  Adobe has their
PhoneGap system (http://phonegap.com).  There are others.  They call
these hybrid apps.

Recently I made a small app using V-Play which is based on QtQuick.  Was
super easy.  The most amount of time was spent figuring out QML GUI
layout.  Straight QtQuick works decently well too, using the QtCreator IDE.

There have been some Python to javascript compilers, or implementations
of Python in Javascript.  So maybe it's possible to make a hybrid app
using Python.