How do I get a python program to work on my phone?

Bob Gailer bgailer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 07:52:40 EST 2019

kivy has a very steep learning curve. The easy way to use kivy is to
install the kivy launcher app which then lets you run a Python program and
access the kivy widgets. If you really want to dive into kivy I will send
you a presentation I gave on kivy. After a lot of work I did manage to
create an install an app.

An interesting alternatives to create a simple web page to run in the
phone's browser. If you don't already have a server on the web you can rent
one from secure dragon for as low as $12 a year. Install websocketd and
python. Websocketd lets you do all sorts of interesting things such as
serve static pages, CGI programs, and use websockets. Websockets requires a
little bit of JavaScript but makes the interaction between a browser page
and a Python program on the server ridiculously easy. Much easier than
Ajax. Feel free to ask for more information. I posted a Python program on
the websocketd website that shows how to do the server side of websockets
communication.

Bob Gailer