python package management confusion

dcs3spp simonppears at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 17 11:27:52 EST 2019

On Thursday, 17 January 2019 07:41:43 UTC, dieter  wrote:
> dcs3spp via Python-list <python-list at python.org> writes:
> > How do I configure python setup.py develop to pull the pyramid_core dependent packages using virtualenv?
>
> Your "setup.py" below should work (once, you have removed the "****").
> If the "pyramid" package correctly declares its dependencies,
> then the "pyramid_core" is even likely unnecessary.
>
> Try it out.
>
> > *************** setup.py ******************
> >
> > import os
> > import sys
> >
> > from setuptools import setup, find_packages
> >
> > here = os.path.abspath(os.path.dirname(__file__))
> > with open(os.path.join(here, 'README.md')) as f:
> >     README = f.read()
> > with open(os.path.join(here, 'CHANGES.md')) as f:
> >     CHANGES = f.read()
> >
> > requires = [
> >     'cryptography',
> >     'odfpy',
> >     'PyJWT',
> >     'pycrypto',
> >     'pyramid',
> >     *****   'pyramid_core',  *******
> >     requirements.txt file?
> >     'pyramid_debugtoolbar',
> >     'pyramid_tm',
> >     'requests==2.18.4',
> >     'SQLAlchemy',
> >     'transaction',
> >     'zope.sqlalchemy',
> >     'waitress',
> >     'psycopg2-binary',
> >     'python-dateutil',
> >     'uwsgi',
> >     'marshmallow-sqlalchemy',
> >     ]
> >
> > setup_requires = [
> >     'pytest-runner',
> > ]
> >
> > tests_require = [
> >     'boto3',
> >     'lovely-pytest-docker',
> >     'pytest',
> >     'pytest-cov',
> >     'tuspy',
> >     'WebTest >= 1.3.1',
> > ]
> >
> > setup(name='api',
> >       version='0.0',
> >       description='api',
> >       long_description=README + '\n\n' + CHANGES,
> >       classifiers=[
> >           "Programming Language :: Python",
> >           "Framework :: Pyramid",
> >           "Topic :: Internet :: WWW/HTTP",
> >           "Topic :: Internet :: WWW/HTTP :: WSGI :: Application",
> >       ],
> >       author='simon pears',
> >       author_email='roughlea-music at outlook.com',
> >       url='',
> >       keywords='web wsgi bfg pylons pyramid',
> >       packages=find_packages('src'),
> >       package_dir={'': 'src'},
> >       include_package_data=True,
> >       zip_safe=False,
> >       extras_require={
> >           'testing': tests_require,
> >       },
> >       install_requires=requires,
> >       setup_requires=setup_requires,
> >       tests_require=tests_require,
> >       test_suite='tests',
> >       entry_points="""\
> [...]

Apologies dieter, I have not explained very well. I have written the pyramid_core package, it is not an external pypi package. I wish to use it across my own private projects, including CI builds mentioned earlier.

How do I configure setuptools to pull my own private dependency package using virtualenv + python setup.py develop