hexdump module installation error

Rhodri James rhodri at kynesim.co.uk
Thu Dec 19 07:21:08 EST 2019

On 19/12/2019 11:23, tommy yama wrote:
> Thanks for your kind response.
> The error was simply "module Hexdump was not found".

Several things:

a) Did it really say "module Hexdump was not found"?  "hexdump" and
"Hexdump" are not the same things; module names are case-sensitive.

b) There will have been a whole load more stack trace that might be
useful to us.  I should have been clearer when I asked you to copy and
paste the error that I really meant the whole of the complaint that
Python made to you, not just the final error message!  Apologies for that.

c) I would much prefer it if you didn't top-post, but interleaved your
replies like I've done here.  I find it hard to follow top-posted
messages because they reverse the normal flow of conversation.

> On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 11:39 PM Rhodri James <rhodri at kynesim.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> On 18/12/2019 02:23, tommy yama wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> This sounds familiar to somebody?
>>> After upgrading my mac OS to Catalina, this persists even after pip3
>>> install hexdump.
>>>
>>> [image: image.png]
>>
>> I'm afraid this is a text-only mailing list.  Your screenshot has been
>> stripped out before any of us saw it.  Could you copy and paste (DON'T
>> retype!) the error instead, so we can all read it?
>>
>> --
>> Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd
>> --

Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd