Python3 - How do I import a class from another file

R.Wieser address at not.available
Wed Dec 11 05:22:33 EST 2019

Dennis,

This is the first time I've seen you post FUD. :-((

> It is called when the language IMPLEMENTATION decides to call it.
> That time is not specified in the language description/reference manual.

I'm rather sure it neither specifies that for any of the other commands.
Does that mean that it could randomly delay the execution of them too
(effectivily randomizing the program) and we should all be OK by that ?

I think I will just go out on a limb and just assume that the __del__ method
/will/ be called as part of a "del instance" request causing the reference
count to reach zero (directly or indirectly), before the next command is
executed (circular references excluded - a situation which I assume happens
by mistake, not on purpose).

Why ?   Because anything else would cause big problems in the predictability
of the execution of a program.   And I don't think the writers/maintainers
of the Python language where or are /that/ daft (it would kill their
language off in no time flat).

@all
But, if anyone has an example of how that presumption will, in regular use
(non circular references), bite me in the ass than please to post it or
provide a link.  I do not at all mind being /proven/ wrong.

Regards,
Rudy Wieser