ImportError: No module named Adafruit_SSD1306 Update

RobH rob at despammer.com
Thu Dec 5 13:49:40 EST 2019

On 05/12/2019 10:07, RobH wrote:
> On 04/12/2019 23:15, Python wrote:

>>> I have the library in the same Downloads folder, but I don't know how
>>> to actually install it as it doesn't have an .sh file included
>>
>> What cannot you understand in the Installing section of README.md?
>>
>>    sudo python -m pip install --upgrade pip setuptools wheel
>>    sudo pip install Adafruit-SSD1306
>>
>>    Or alternatively:
>>
>>    sudo python -m pip install --upgrade pip setuptools wheel
>>    git clone https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_Python_SSD1306.git
>>    cd Adafruit_Python_SSD1306
>>    sudo python setup.py install
>>
>> even WORSE, what cannot you undertand at the top of same file?
>>
>>    This library has been deprecated! We are leaving this up for
>>    historical and research purposes but archiving the repository.
>>

> I was looking at the wrong file previously, and got mixed up, doh!
> I have installed the Adafruit_Python_SSD1306 library now.
>
> (There is no mention that I can see about installing other libraries etc
> to get the project to work, by the author)

Update:
I did python3 Internet.py
and now only get this error:

pi at raspberrypi:~/Downloads $ python3 Internet.py
   File "Internet.py", line 24
     font = ImageFont.truetype( 'Minecraftia.ttf', 35)
                                                     ^
TabError: inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation

I cannot see what is wrong, as the text is all lined up with that above
and below:

def display_time():
         # Collect current time and date
         if(time_format):
                 current_time = time.strftime("%I:%M")
         else:
                 current_time = time.strftime("%H:%M")

         current_date = time.strftime("%d/%m/%Y")

         # Clear image buffer by drawing a black filled box
         draw.rectangle((0,0,width,height), outline=0, fill=0)

         # Set font type and size
         font = ImageFont.truetype ('Minecraftia.ttf', 35) << error here

         # Position time
         x_pos = (disp.width/2)-(string_width(font,current_time)/2)
         y_pos = 2 + (disp.height-4-8)/2 - (35/2)

Thanks