ImportError: No module named Adafruit_SSD1306

RobH rob at despammer.com
Thu Dec 5 05:07:28 EST 2019

On 04/12/2019 23:15, Python wrote:
> Le 05/12/2019 à 00:06, RobH a écrit :

>>> The error indicates that Adafruit_SSD1306 in not installed.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_Python_SSD1306
>>>

>> I have the library in the same Downloads folder, but I don't know how
>> to actually install it as it doesn't have an .sh file included
>
> What cannot you understand in the Installing section of README.md?
>
>    sudo python -m pip install --upgrade pip setuptools wheel
>    sudo pip install Adafruit-SSD1306
>
>    Or alternatively:
>
>    sudo python -m pip install --upgrade pip setuptools wheel
>    git clone https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_Python_SSD1306.git
>    cd Adafruit_Python_SSD1306
>    sudo python setup.py install
>
> even WORSE, what cannot you undertand at the top of same file?
>
>    This library has been deprecated! We are leaving this up for
>    historical and research purposes but archiving the repository.

I was looking at the wrong file previously, and got mixed up, doh!
I have installed the Adafruit_Python_SSD1306 library now.

(There is no mention that I can see about installing other libraries etc
to get the project to work, by the author)

I had to make some changes in the authors file here:

import time
import Adafruit_SSD1306
import RPi.GPIO as GPIO <<<<here
from PIL import Image   <<<<here
from PIL import ImageFont <<<<here
from PIL import ImageDraw <<<<here
import os

Due to
import ImageFont
ImportError: No module named ImageFont

etc

Now I get these errors:

pi at raspberrypi:~/Downloads $ python Internet.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "Internet.py", line 164, in <module>
     disp.begin()
   File "build/bdist.linux-armv6l/egg/Adafruit_SSD1306/SSD1306.py", line
148, in begin
   File "build/bdist.linux-armv6l/egg/Adafruit_SSD1306/SSD1306.py", line
247, in _initialize
   File "build/bdist.linux-armv6l/egg/Adafruit_SSD1306/SSD1306.py", line
129, in command
   File "build/bdist.linux-armv6l/egg/Adafruit_GPIO/I2C.py", line 116,
in write8
   File "build/bdist.linux-armv6l/egg/Adafruit_PureIO/smbus.py", line
268, in write_byte_data
IOError: [Errno 121] Remote I/O error.

Maybe I have created these errors unknowingly by the said changes I made.

Thanks