"Don't install on the system Python"

Manfred Lotz ml_news at posteo.de
Sun Dec 1 03:29:47 EST 2019

On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 20:42:21 -0800 (PST)
John Ladasky <john_ladasky at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Long-time Ubuntu user here.
>
> For years, I've read warnings about not installing one's personal
> stack of Python modules on top of the system Python.  It is possible
> to corrupt the OS, or so I've gathered.

This is nonsense as you presumably have no permission to change
anything Python related in /usr.

The only possiblity I can imagine is that you somehow screw up your
personal Python related setting in your home directory tree. But I have
never (in the short period of time I've been using Python) encountered
anything like this.

--
Manfred