MySQLdb for 3.6 on RHEL7

Inada Naoki songofacandy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 21:49:39 EDT 2019

On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 4:10 AM Larry Martell <larry.martell at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > And I was not able to get that from pip either,
> > > as the install failed. I had to download the source, edit the site.cfg
> > > file and build it. But I just found python36-mysql.x86_64 as a package
> > > so I uninstalled mysqlclient and installed that from the repo.
>
> The reason that would not install from pip was because the path to
> mysql_config was not correct in site.cfg - once I changed that I was
> able to build it, but then it gave the other error.

It's wrong.  The path to mysql_config is not defined in site.cfg by default.
There is example configuration but it's commented out.
By default mysqlclient searches mysql_config from PATH.

You had not reported enough information from start.  You should explain which
C mysql client library you are using and how you build mysqlclient.

Since you said you need to specify the path of mysql_config, I suppose
you're not using MySQL or C mysql client library provided by your distro.
But you have not show enough information about it yet.

This is linking error.  The error is happened from C library.  You need to
report about it, at least:

* How did you installed C mysql client library.
* The output of the `mysql_config`
* The output of the `ldd
/usr/local/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/mysqlclient-1.4.4-py3.6-linux-x86_64.egg/MySQLdb/_mysql.cpython-36m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so`

Regards,
--
Inada Naoki  <songofacandy at gmail.com>