Clicking a specific item within a drop down list

rlew2008 at gmail.com rlew2008 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 21:02:10 EDT 2019

Hi dn,

Thank you kindly for your warm greeting.  Please forgive my lack of forum decorum, I just started Python 2 days ago out of necessity, so I'm still quite unknowledgable about a lot of things.

I'm working on a person project.  So far, my only resources to date have been forums based off of Google searches, and a YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfscVS0vtbw

This is the code that I have so far:

from selenium import webdriver
driver = webdriver.Chrome()
driver.get("http://financials.morningstar.com/balance-sheet/bs.html?t=XNAS:AAPL&region=usa&culture=en-US")
import time
time.sleep(2)
driver.find_element_by_id("menu_A")
driver.find_element_by_link_text("Quarterly")

When I run it, I get this error code:

selenium.common.exceptions.NoSuchElementException: Message: no such element: Unable to locate element: {"method":"link text","selector":"Quarterly"}

I've exhausted all of the forum posts I can find on this topic, but I've still been unable to solve it.  Any suggestions on how to solve it are eagerly welcomed.

Cheers,
Richard