JPEGImage(<filename>) hangs

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Fri Sep 28 09:40:32 EDT 2018

Brian Oney <brian.j.oney at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Could you please try another tool like `convert'? E.g.
>
> $ convert 102_PANA/P1020466.JPG test.png
>

> What does that say?

Well, after having returned home with the laptop where this was
failing and doing exactly the same thing again, it now works.  However
it did take several seconds before the >>> prompt appeared.

The problem seems to be intermittent as I'm calling the function while
importing images from a camera SD card and, sometimes, the import
hangs but most times it works OK.

I'll see if I can see anything common to when it hangs.

--
Chris Green
·