[OT] master/slave debate in Python

Jon Ribbens jon+usenet at unequivocal.eu
Tue Sep 25 15:54:41 EDT 2018

On 2018-09-25, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 1:56 AM Jon Ribbens <jon+usenet at unequivocal.eu> wrote:
>> Those things might be on topic on python-dev - although I am sure
>> no-one would thank you for continuing this discussion there - but
>> this is comp.lang.python/python-list and here this is off-topic.
>
> Okay. What *is* on-topic for python-list?

https://www.python.org/community/lists/#comp-lang-python says

  "Pretty much anything Python-related is fair game for discussion"

*however* it also says

  "Most discussion on comp.lang.python is about developing with
   Python, not about development of the Python interpreter itself"

and python-dev is clearly the on-topic place for such discussion.

I suggest you also read what the above link says about flamebait,
and the Python Community Code of Conduct at
https://www.python.org/psf/codeofconduct/