problem with json.dumps / complexjson.loads in python 3.4 virtualenv

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Tue Sep 4 04:22:39 EDT 2018

Greetings,

I have an error in a python application that I installed. I already
opened an issue about it on the application page at github, but I would
also greatly appreciate any help to (at least) better debug the problem,
because I urgently need to use that program.

Details:

I need to run the python client for the shaarli bookmarks manager, whose
home page is https://github.com/shaarli/python-shaarli-client, on a
Centos release 7.5 x86_64 server. Since that client requires python >=
3.4, and I do not want to move the whole server to that version, I
created a virtualenv following the instructions at
https://github.com/shaarli/python-shaarli-client/blob/master/docs/user/installation.rst

When I try to run it, I get the error messages that I already reported
in full at

https://github.com/shaarli/python-shaarli-client/issues/33

as far as I can understand after some searching, it **may** be the
problem described at
https://mcgrattan.org/2017/01/24/ordered-json-in-python-with-requests/

but I honestly don't know enough python, to go further without some
help/pointers.

TIA,
Marco

--