Python indentation (3 spaces)

Cameron Simpson cs at cskk.id.au
Sun Oct 7 20:15:44 EDT 2018

On 08Oct2018 09:47, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 9:46 AM Gene Heskett <gheskett at shentel.net> wrote:
>> On Sunday 07 October 2018 18:29:21 Chris Angelico wrote:
>> > Ah. Fair enough, then. Basically, you want the Python equivalent of
>> > "gcc -Wall -Wpedantic".
>> >
>> Is there such a critter?
>
>Not really; there's -Wall, of course, but it's not nearly as
>comprehensive as gcc's pedantic mode. Sorry.

But there's any number of lint tools. My current "lint" script runs pyflakes
and pep8 and pylint.

What I do wish was that I had a vim mode that highlighted an indent column so I
can line up indented code with its controlling top line. (A vim mode because I
use vim, not as a recommendation.)

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au>