This thread is closed [an actual new thread]

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Oct 2 20:51:21 EDT 2018

Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> writes:

> On 10/01/2018 04:26 PM, Ben Finney wrote:
> > If there is some specific formal meaning to the above statement, I
> > don't know where it's documented. If it's not a specific formal
> > statement, that is itself troubling, because it's not clear what
> > would constitute a violation nor what the consequences are.
>
> Consider it now documented, at least on Python List. I imagine Python
> Ideas may also implement this framework (assuming we stay on Mail Man
> and don't migrate to some web-based forum).

Thank you.

I don't want to imply an obligation for others, but I suggest it will be
(beyond the short term) less painful for future thread-closing actions
if that is documented in an official document at a known web page URL.
So every time a moderator closes a thread, the message announcing that
action can simply say "see <URL:foo> for what this means".

--
 \           “Drop your trousers here for best results.” —dry cleaner, |
  `\                                                           Bangkok |