This thread is closed [an actual new thread]

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Tue Oct 2 13:16:33 EDT 2018

On 10/02/2018 03:46 AM, Rhodri James wrote:
> On 02/10/18 01:02, Ethan Furman wrote:

>> It should be interpreted as:
>>
>> - No further discussion should take place on this thread.
>> - I've done what I can with the primitive tools at hand to block
>>    any further discussion.
>> - Continued considerate posts will be discarded.
>> - Continued flame-bait/inconsiderate posts will be met with warnings
>>    or stronger as warranted.
>
> On what grounds are you suppressing debate?  It is exactly and precisely
> not irrelevant to Python, since it's discussing a Python-specific change
> to known and understood computing terminology, and frankly the statement
> "Continued considerate posts will be discarded" is outrageous.

As soon as personal or group attacks start taking place (at least, as
soon as such posts are noticed), that thread will be shut down.  As I
said, the tools are primitive and more precise actions are not available.

> I have been unimpressed with the moderation team for some weeks now, but
> this is just not acceptable.

I'm sorry you feel that way.  The goal is to have an environment where
we can all help/be helped by others, primarily with Python.  Attacks on
others do not help that [1].

--
~Ethan~
Python List Moderator