Good editor for python

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at effectivedefense.org
Sun Nov 11 09:45:36 EST 2018

       People rave about Jupyter Notebooks, which reportedly allow you
to mix narrative with code describing what you are doing and why.

       I primarily program in R, and RMarkdown Documents in RStudio
allow me to mix narrative with R and Python code.  I explain what I'm
doing and why, then write "```{python}" ... "```" to encapsulate a
Python code snippet and "```{r}" ... "```" for an R code snippet. Or I
just use the Idle editor that comes with Python.

       Someone suggested that Apache Zeppelin  and / or BeakerX might be
able to do this also, but I've not tried or verified them.

       Spencer Graves