The PIL show() method looks for the default viewer. How do I change this to a different viewer (of my choice)?

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Tue May 29 20:31:23 EDT 2018

On Tue, 29 May 2018 20:02:22 +0200, Paul St George wrote:

> Is there, somewhere, a list of viewers and their names (for the purposes
> of this script)?

Do you mean a list of programs capable of viewing graphics? Do you think
there is some sort of central authority that registers the names of all
such programs? *wink*

You can start here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Graphics_software

but that's probably the closest you're going to get.

--
Steven D'Aprano
it everywhere." -- Jon Ronson