Usenet Gateway

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Thu May 24 21:55:43 EDT 2018

On 05/24/2018 08:20 AM, Grant Edwards wrote:
> But you had to jump through hoops with procmail and server/client side
> filtering to get there.

True, but it takes maybe 30 seconds for each new list I sign up for, and
then it's out of sight, out of mind.  I already do a ton of filtering on
my inbox anyway to move family messages to their own folder, etc.  Hate
to say it, but GMail actually makes it pretty fast and easy to set up
the rule.  Mostly one-click automatic "filter messages like this one."

I agree NNTP is designed for all of this.  I used to spend a lot of time
on Usenet years ago when every uni had its own NNTP server.  And
thunderbird, my preferred client, can use NNTP.  But the mailing list
works and has, for me, almost no spam, so there's no real incentive for
me to change.