please test the new PyPI (now in beta)

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 11:03:53 EDT 2018

On 30 March 2018 at 14:38, William Ray Wing <wrw at mac.com> wrote:
> Sumana, I want to be sure we aren’t just talking past each other.  I notice that the URL you seem to always reference is:
>
>         https://pypi.org/search/
>
> and if I go there, I get the filter list immediately.  The place I don’t see it is the home page:
>
>         https://pypi.org/
>
> where I’m invited to “Search” or “Browse”, but where there is no filter list.  The filter list only appears after I’ve performed my first search.
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

That's the same behaviour as the existing PyPI. There's a "search" box
on the main page, and a "Browse" link on that page that takes you to a
separate page that lets you select packages by category. I don't see
this as a problem with the new PyPI - far from it, I wouldn't want the
main page cluttered with category filters, if I need then I'll go to
the dedicated browse page.

Just my 2p worth...
Paul