please test the new PyPI (now in beta)

Sumana Harihareswara sumana.harihareswara at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 14:01:37 EDT 2018

On Wednesday, March 28, 2018 at 10:48:52 AM UTC-4, Ethan Furman wrote:
> The new PyPI lists of projects wastes too much space, and the bright blue is intolerable.  I can't use it.

As I think you know, I'm tracking the condensed view request in https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/1988 .

When you say the bright blue is intolerable, I presume it hurts your eyes -- is that right? Color calibration varies across monitors, some people are sensitive to certain shades of light, etc., so I want to let the designer know more, and ask about it in user testing. You probably know that, in a real pinch, you can turn off styling entirely for a site in your browser, but I would prefer that you not have to do that.

> Are the little boxes replaceable by the package authors?  That would be interesting.
>
> --
> ~Ethan~

I think you're talking about https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/2211 - if/when we implement that, project logo images could show up on the project detail pages, and in search results and similar listings, instead of the white cube.

-Sumana Harihareswara
Warehouse project manager