please test the new PyPI (now in beta)

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Wed Mar 28 10:50:35 EDT 2018

On 03/27/2018 03:49 AM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 11:03:00 +0100, Paul Moore wrote:

>> Digging into this further, the design work on the Warehouse site has
>> been ongoing since late 2015, and there was an extensive user testing
>> phase,

> (And yes, I hate the front page of the main python.org site too. At least
> the documentation pages are nice.)

The main page is better than I remember (it's been a few years since I last saw the change, and was completely
unimpressed by it); the big (really big) irritant at the moment is the menus automatically popping up as I cursor over
them -- if automatic, there really should be a delay before they gobble up my view.

The new PyPI lists of projects wastes too much space, and the bright blue is intolerable.  I can't use it.

Are the little boxes replaceable by the package authors?  That would be interesting.

--
~Ethan~