please test the new PyPI (now in beta)

Sumana Harihareswara sumana.harihareswara at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 11:56:22 EDT 2018

On Tuesday, March 27, 2018 at 6:28:12 PM UTC-4, Ian wrote:
> For me, the category filters alone are a killer feature over the old
> PyPI. I think it's also a plus to the Python community overall that
> PyPI not look to newcomers like something that was designed in the 90s
> and then abandoned.

Thank you! I am a fan of the category filters, too. And we've been hearing that sentiment (about the modern look) quite a bit.

> I agree with Steven about the unnecessary boxes around every single
> package, though. The presentation of the list of packages could be
> *much* denser while keeping the same readability, which would also
> make the page more usable by reducing the amount of scrolling needed.

I appreciate you sharing your experience. I'm linking to it in https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/1988#issuecomment-377280770 . The more condensed view is something I'm asking volunteers for help with and I'm prioritizing it for post-launch work.

-Sumana Harihareswara