please test the new PyPI (now in beta)

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 06:03:00 EDT 2018

On 27 March 2018 at 10:48, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:
> Same is true of your comment about the site design,
> although I suspect it's a bit late for that to be changed in the
> immediate future - the site design has been basically unchanged since
> very early in the redesign. Personally, I agree it's a bit "in your
> face", but not bad enough that I felt it was worth flagging as an
> issue.

Digging into this further, the design work on the Warehouse site has
been ongoing since late 2015, and there was an extensive user testing
phase, so honestly, I think it's too late to be arguing that the site
design is a problem now. One of the design goals was to integrate
better with the python.org website, so if you don't like the blue
theme, you should probably take it up with them first :-)

Paul

PS I just realised, what I was seeing as "in your face" was the red
"this is a test instance" banner - and that's in your face by design!
You'd have thought I would have realised this earlier, but what can I
say? Once I dismissed that banner, the page looks fine to me.