2.7 EOL = 2020 January 1

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Tue Mar 13 14:30:55 EDT 2018

On 2018-03-13 10:58, Terry Reedy wrote:
> Two days later, Benjamin Peterson, the 2.7 release manager, replied
> "Sounds good to me. I've updated the PEP to say 2.7 is completely
> dead on Jan 1 2020." adding "The final release may not literally be
> on January 1st".

Am I the only one saddened by this announcement?  I mean, it could
have been something like

"""
"VOOM"?!?  Mate, 2.7 wouldn't "voom" if you put four million volts
through it!  It's bleedin' demised!  It's not pinin'!  It's passed on!
This 2.x series is no more!  It has ceased to be!  It's expired and
gone to meet its maker!  It's a stiff!  Bereft of life, it rests in
peace!  If you hadn't nailed it to your dependencies it'd be pushing
up the daisies!  Its metabolic processes are now 'istory!  It's off
the twig!  It's kicked the bucket, it's shuffled off its mortal coil,
run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!!
THIS IS AN EX-VERSION!!
"""

Pythonically-yers,

-tkc