pip and command line

GISDude gisdudester at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 12:23:10 EST 2018

Hi all,
I'm hoping someone could help a wannabe python coder out. I'm an aspiring Data/AI/ML coder/programmer/datafiend - that might help with my situation.

In my various fits of python downloads, I've managed to download Anaconda, Pyscripter, IDLE(3.6/32 AND 64bit), IDLE 2.7. I'm thinking of PyCharm next... but that's another story.

I'm having a problem using pip:
1. Does one have to use pip in the commandline? Why can't I use pip while in IDLE or in my Anaconda distro?
2. For some unknown reason, I have "defaulted" to use IDLE python 3.6, 32 bit version. I would like to use some modules that are in the 64 bit(pyiso is one...don't ask it is a module for using DOE EIA data off their website) and the requests module is not in the 64 bit version, NOT my 32 bit version.

A) So...should I maybe uninstall my anaconda, pyscripter? Just use IDLE?
B) Maybe change the envirionment variables to go between 3.6 32 bit and 3.6 64 bit. Seems kinda lame to myself...

Thanks all and appreciate the feedback
R~