Logger option

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 22:11:54 EDT 2018

On Sun, Jul 1, 2018 at 12:03 PM, Steven D'Aprano
> On Sat, 30 Jun 2018 10:02:13 -0700, Sharan Basappa wrote:
>
>> Can anyone tell me if there are some good logger modules in Python. I
>> have tried both logging and trace in Canopy and both are not working.
>
> When you are talking about a standard module used by hundreds of
> thousands or millions of programmers around the world, and it "doesn't
> work", the chances are 99.9999999% certain that you are using it wrong,
> not that everyone else is too stupid to have noticed that their code
> isn't working.

To be fair, the OP said that it isn't working *in Canopy*, so it could
be an interaction between the logging module and Canopy (which I have
no experience with). So what I'd recommend is something like:

https://www.google.com/search?q=python+logging+canopy

and seeing if that gives any useful information.

ChrisA