Logger option

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sat Jun 30 22:03:59 EDT 2018

On Sat, 30 Jun 2018 10:02:13 -0700, Sharan Basappa wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if there are some good logger modules in Python. I
> have tried both logging and trace in Canopy and both are not working.

When you are talking about a standard module used by hundreds of
thousands or millions of programmers around the world, and it "doesn't
work", the chances are 99.9999999% certain that you are using it wrong,
not that everyone else is too stupid to have noticed that their code
isn't working.

If you want help for using logging, start here:

https://docs.python.org/3/howto/logging.html

https://docs.python.org/2/howto/logging.html

https://pymotw.com/3/logging/

https://pymotw.com/2/logging/