I lost nearly all my modules installing 3.7

Jim Lee jlee54 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 01:41:54 EDT 2018

On 06/29/18 21:48, dieter wrote:

> I do not know "pkg-config". The name seems to indicate an
> operating system package; but, it might also be a Python extension
> package (less likely).
> I would start with the "matplotlib"
> installation instructions to look for information about it.

https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/pkg-config/

"pkg-config is a helper tool used when compiling applications and
libraries. It helps you insert the correct compiler options on the
command line so an application can use|gcc -o test test.c `pkg-config
--libs --cflags glib-2.0`|for instance, rather than hard-coding values
on where to find glib (or other libraries). It is language-agnostic, so
it can be used for defining the location of documentation tools, for
instance."

-Jim