Feeding the trolls

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Fri Jun 22 05:26:55 EDT 2018

On 22/06/2018 09:33, bart4858 at gmail.com wrote:
> It costs me some genuine effort to make what I believe are relevant
> and interesting technical posts

I thank you for at least taking that trouble. But I think that this is
probably where the difference lies. This newsgroup/mailing list is
primarily for the purpose of asking about or discussing aspects of the
Python programming language, not a forum for discussing languages in
general.

Obviously a genuine enquiry into how or why Python has taken a
particular design path can lead to an enlightening discussion on
language design. Sometimes as an unexpected spin-off discussion from an
original query.

But, for the most part Bart, you've failed to understand anyone's design
decisions but your own. You've consistently replied in a way that
effectively dismisses the various challenges facing this particular
language at this particular point in time, and instead have referred to
your own design choices and implementations as an exemplar.

If you have a genuine interest in how Python is implemented (and not
simply in expressing how it is different in some way to your own
languages) then please bring it up.

If you have a plausible way in which Python could improve then please
take it to the Python Ideas list (and be prepared for some robust
discussion):