Scanner freakishness [was Re: Python list vs google group]

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 21:09:26 EDT 2018

On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 10:58 AM, Gregory Ewing
<greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
> Alister wrote:
>>
>> A few quick tests later confirmed that whenever the photocopier made
>> multiple copies (approx 10+) the circuit would reset
>>  Cust advised to relocate photocopier, case closed :-)
>

> I was expecting the solution to be a note attached to the
> photocopier saying "Please do not make more than 9 copies
> at a time".

https://xkcd.com/1457/

XKCD is not a work of fiction. It is, at best, a slight exaggeration
of reality. My Dad used to reboot his computer before burning a DVD,
because it seemed to create less failed burns. No explanation was ever
found. (He doesn't make DVD backups any more, so the issue has been
dodged.)

ChrisA