XSD data mapper lib

Nagy László Zsolt gandalf at shopzeus.com
Sat Jun 16 06:20:34 EDT 2018

  Hello!

I wonder what kind of XSD <-> Python class mapper should I use for my
project. I need something that can generate classes from XSD files, and
then parse XML to an objecttree and also dump object trees to XML. I'll
be using Python version 3.6 and I would prefer to use something that is
based on lxml. I would not like to use anything that has many
dependencies (e.g. I don't need to generate django models).

I have already tried generateDS but I didn't like it. I have searched
for more libraries on pypi and there are too many. It is not possible to
order results by number of downloads/popularity, and I do not want to
spend my time finding out which ones are well supported and reliable.

I know, it is opinion based. But it is better to choose from the best
three candidates. Can you please point me to the most popular, well
tested libraries that are not likely to be abandoned in the next few years?

Thanks,

   Laszlo