Server warning

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sat Jun 16 01:50:24 EDT 2018

Tamara Berger <brgrt2 at gmail.com> writes:

> Is this a serious issue, or can I ignore it? I was just following
> instructions in a manual I consider trustworthy.

(A word of advice: You have recently been asking here for many different
topics – Flask, Google Mail, etc. – that are not the focus of this
forum. That's not a problem for us, but you would be better to seek
specific help for those topics at their specific support forums.

This is not any kind of support forum, it is a discussion forum for the
Python community. You're part of that now, so welcome! But this is not a
forum for getting support when you're needing help.)

The message from Flask is, I believe, both serious *and* you may be able
to ignore it.

If you are not intending to make the server available on the internet,
you are free to ignore it for that case.

You should never expose the development server onto the live internet.
Use a proper WSGI server (its own topic, with more involved steps)
instead.

The development server is much easier to start (which is why it's there,
and why it is recommended when learning), but much less secure (which is
why, before deploying your application, you need to configure a
properly secure WSGI server).

--
 \     “[F]reedom of speech does not entail freedom to have your ideas |
  `\    accepted by governments and incorporated into law and policy.” |