Django-hotsauce 1.0 LTS (Commercial Edition) now available for preorder!!

Etienne Robillard tkadm30 at yandex.com
Fri Jun 15 09:31:06 EDT 2018

Le 2018-06-14 à 12:58, Jim Lee a écrit :

>> On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 11:07 AM, Jim Lee <jlee54 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I haven't purchased commercial software in decades, so I'm not up on
>>> the
>>> prevailing business model, but I have to ask:
>>>
>>> Why would anyone purchase software and then agree to wait 14 weeks
>>> for it to
>>> be delivered?  I can see that model for hardware, where material
>>> resources
>>> are limited and a finite number of product is produced, but software?
>>> What's the point?
>>>
>> For the 50% discount, I presume. If you wait 14 weeks, then buy, then
>> own, you pay full price.
>>
>>  From the company's point of view: if the release date is in the future
>> and ALL the revenue is also in the future, cash flow becomes tricky.
>> By getting at least _some_ money in advance, they give themselves a
>> way to pay the bills.
>>
>> ChrisA
> But the "50% discount" is supposedly good up until the release date.
> I could purchase the software the day before release and still enjoy
> the same benefit without the 14 week wait.
>
> I understand the advantages *to the company*, but to enjoy those
> advantages, they need to provide some kind of incentive to the buyer.
> I don't see one here.  Anyway, I was just curious to see if there was
> any kind of thought process behind the "promotion".
>
> -Jim

Thought process?

I believe the current strategy I have in mind is to let any potential
new customers to take the time needed to consider seriously
Django-hotsauce for their commercial web applications.

This includes allowing some time for peoples (developers) to at least
try the free version and then possibly consider switching to the LTS
version for extended support and troubleshooting.

Anyways, thank you for your input! :)

Etienne

--
Etienne Robillard