How to apply filters to posts

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 14:26:26 EDT 2018

On 14/06/18 17:23, T Berger wrote:
> On Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 11:26:00 AM UTC-4, Rhodri James wrote:

>>> OK. And can you tell me how to apply filters so that only replies to my emails are included. I subscribed to the list a couple of weeks ago and then had to unsubscribe because I was getting emails on every posted topic.
>>
>> That's exactly how mailing lists work: you get everything.  Any
>> filtering has to be done at your end in your mail program.  Personally I
>> use Thunderbird, get it to sort messages into threads (sequences of
>> conversation, in effect) and only read the threads that seem interesting.
>>
>> --
>> Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd
>
> Thanks, Rhodri. One more question. What is a daily digest? I'm wondering whether to choose that option.
>
> Tamara

Please no, not the misery of people replying to daily digests.  As I've
said previously and as reinforced by Rhodri James above, point
Thunderbird or similar at news.gmane.org and read and reply to
everything to your hearts content without bothering your own inbox.
Simples :)

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence