Posting warning message

Tamara Berger brgrt2 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 00:29:53 EDT 2018

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 7:57 PM Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au> wrote:

> On 12Jun2018 07:14, Tamara Berger <brgrt2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> >Just one more thing, Cameron. I was looking at an Apple support page, and it says "When you're logged in to your Mac using an administrator account, you can use the sudo command in the Terminal app to execute commands as a different user, such as the root user." (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202035). I am logged in as administrator. So why isn't sudo working for me?
>
> >P.S. How would I make the link I provided live?
>
> What link? This is why we trim quoted text and reply below the relevant bit directly: I don't know what link you provided or even whether it is there, just buried in the huge quoted text. Just cite it again, eg:
>
>   How would I make this link (link here) live?

The link is above, in the first paragraph, beginning with the words
"Just one more thing, Cameron."

> And then, of course, tell us what "live" means :-)

Live means live. It is not a word I created. It means that the link
has been activated, so clicking on it will take you to the associated
page. Here is a definition from www.yourdictionary.com/live-link.
"Live Link - Computer Definition: An active text or graphic link on a
Web page. Clicking the link redirects the user to another Web page or
a document or image." The link to the definition I just copied into
this paragraph is not live because clicking on it will not do
anything.

This question became moot when I posted my message, because that
action activated the link. That is why I asked in my next post how one
can edit one's own messages, because  at that point I would have
deleted this post.

Thanks,

Tamara