UnicodeDecodeError: 'charmap' codec can't decode byte 0x9d in position 10442: character maps to <undefined>

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sun Jun 10 10:21:03 EDT 2018

Do you enjoy wasting your own time (as well as ours) by failing to follow
instructions?

We can't read your mind to see the code you are using, and I am getting
frustrated from telling you the same thing again and again.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help us to help you.

Start by reading this:

http://sscce.org/

What is self.collFile? How does it get opened?

--
Steven D'Aprano
it everywhere." -- Jon Ronson