Stefan's headers [was:Names and identifiers]

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Fri Jun 8 15:16:50 EDT 2018

Gene Heskett <gheskett at shentel.net>:

> On Friday 08 June 2018 13:34:44 Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
>> PS IMO copyright laws should be abolished altogether. At the very
>> least one should pay for copyright protection. One €1 for the first
>> year, €2 for the second, €4 for the third and so on exponentially.
>
> I rather like that idea. Unforch, who would be in charge of keeping the
> books uptodate? The USTPO? Of course that would expand another guvmnt
> agencies payroll x10, and its a waste of taxpayer dollars since Albert
> retired anyway.

That exponential system would pay for itself. At the moment nobody pays
the government to enforce copyrights.

> But then Disney started buying senators and congressmen, and we now
> have this asinine lifetime +70 years just to keep Mickey Mouse and
> Company's (oh, and don't forget a widow named Cher) income rolling in.

In my scheme, €15/$15 would buy you four years of exclusive rights to
your creation. If it turns profitable, an extra $1,008 would give you
six more years (10 years total -- not too bad). And if you hit a
jackpot, $1,000,000 for twenty years of exclusive rights shouldn't be
too much to ask.

And speaking of Disney, for a mere $1,000,000,000 it could get a
whopping 30 years of exclusive rights to Mickey Mouse!

Marko