Cookies not showing up in environ

Jon Ribbens jon+usenet at unequivocal.eu
Sat Jul 21 09:20:59 EDT 2018

On 2018-07-20, abc abc <useracct222 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, I'm so messed up between so many sources and tutorials I don't
> know which way is up.

I think one of the main issues is that you don't seem to have decided
whether you're writing a WSGI application or a Django application.

WSGI:

    def application(environ, start_response):
        start_response('200 OK',
                       [('Content-Type', 'text/plain; charset=utf-8')])
        return [environ.get('HTTP_COOKIE', '').encode('utf-8')]

Django:

views.py:

    from django.http import HttpResponse

    def cookies(request):
        return HttpResponse(repr(request.COOKIES),
                            'text/plain; charset=utf-8')

urls.py:

    from django.urls import path

    from . import views