Cookies not showing up in environ

abc abc useracct222 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 17:27:58 EDT 2018

Well, I'm so messed up between so many sources and tutorials I don't know which way is up.

References to environ variable:
https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0333/
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16774952/wsgi-whats-the-purpose-of-start-response-function

I read that I have to have a file project/project/wsgi.py that has a function called 'application' that gets called; still a little fuzzy on whose calling it and passing these parameters. I understood that the cookies should be in HTTP_COOKIES inside the environ hash... they're not. From wsgi.py I call a function in my view which returns a response object. Sorry if my parameters don't quite match up, I've been rearranging things while trying to get this to work; it should just be environ and start_response in wsgi:application().

If I try to access the request object, it is None, and I'm not sure how I would get it if it's not coming form wsgi.py:application...

My previous example is bad since they are passing 'status' to the start_response which I don't know how got created. TBH: I've spent days and days on this in different forums and am not getting much help or progress. I think I have made some sort of bad assumption in the beginning which is blocking me now.

I don't normally like to ask for handouts, but can you please point me to a dead simple setup with wsgi.py and view.py that can handle cookies... just simply setting them and reading them?