Edit with IDLE pull down menu

no at none.invalid no at none.invalid
Fri Jul 20 22:55:44 EDT 2018

On Fri, 20 Jul 2018 03:19:16 -0400, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu>
wrote:

>On 7/19/2018 5:40 PM, no at none.invalid wrote:
>
>> The option for Edit with IDLE has an expanding menu.  The only item in
>> the pull down menu is..........Edit with IDLE.
>
>What I see is Edit with IDLE 3.7.  There should be an entry for each
>Python installed.  Since that is the reason for the 2nd menu, and used
>to be the case, it is a bug that there is not.  I will later check the
>tracker and maybe open an issue.
>
>> So to run a .py program, you have to right click and select the pull
>> down menu Edit with IDLE and then inside that menu you pick Edit with
>> IDLE.  Seems a little redundant.

You seem to be able to directly affect Python development.  If that is
true, maybe you could remove the pull down redundancy from one menu
and add a pull down option to another pull down menu.

If Python can modify the pull down menus, it would be nice to be able
to right click in a folder (Windows) and have an option to create a
new python file with a .py extension like you can create a new text
document with a .txt extension.

OpenOffice adds this option to create new OO files.