Glyphs and graphemes [was Re: Cult-like behaviour]

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Tue Jul 17 03:51:38 EDT 2018

INADA Naoki <songofacandy at gmail.com>:

>> I won't comment on Rust and Swift because I don't know them.
>> I won't comment on Go, either.
>
> Hmm, do you say Python 3 is "cult-like" without survey other popular,
> programming languages?

You can talk about Python3 independently of other programming languages.

Python3 is not a cult. It's a programming language. What is cult-like is
the manner in which Python3's honor is defended in a good many of the
discussions in this newsgroup: anger, condescension, ridicule,
name-calling.

> I can't agree that it's cult-like behavior.  I think it's practical
> design decision.

If Python3 works for you, I'm happy for you.

Marko