Kindness

Mikhail V mikhailwas at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 22:19:36 EDT 2018

Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> Over the many months, I've tried defending Bart, engaging with him,
> patiently explaining that his choices and our choices are not always the
> same and that there's no objective "right" and "wrong" between them,
> making subtle hints, and less subtle hints that he's being a dick.

Calm down a bit. Of course it is good that you communicate with Bart - it
seems to me he is an old dude and kind of over-nostalgic about
his language or something. But I can not remember he ever insulted
anybody here. Trolling and old man's grumbling are completely different
things.

> ... in our programming language ..
> ... at the rest of us ...
> ... we ... we ... we

>From Marko's check-list:
[ ] The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality