Guido van Rossum resigns as Python leader

Nicholas Cole nicholas.cole at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 11:14:06 EDT 2018

On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 at 10:04, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 11:54 PM, Nicholas Cole <nicholas.cole at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Is it irrational to wonder whether projects should be looking to migrate
> > new languages? This kind of announcement makes me worry for the future.
> >

> The Python committers are currently in charge. If you don't trust
> them, you should have jumped ship ages ago. :)

It’s a fair point. I guess until this day I hadn’t really examined *why* I
trusted Python, but a lot of it had to do with the fact that I trusted the
project lead to make sensible decisions about evolving the language. Every
time he’s made a call in the past that struck me as odd it has turned out
to be for the best.

But I manage a project that needs to answer questions on “sustainability”
all the time — I guess that a lot of questions in that area recently have
made this annxement seem more alarming than it might otherwise.

Best wishes,

Nicholas.