Guido van Rossum resigns as Python leader

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Fri Jul 13 08:33:27 EDT 2018

On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 11:37:41 +0100, Bart wrote:

> (** Something so radical I've been using them elsewhere since forever.)

And you just can't resist making it about you and your language.

"Hey Bart, did you hear? Nuclear war just broke out between Russia and
Britain. Dozens of cities are aflame, tens of millions are dead across
Europe, and a cloud of radioactive smoke is heading our way!"

"Yes, I know, my language has a built-in command that analyzes news
reports collated from 800 news sites over the internet and tallies up the
death tolls from wars and major disasters. I've been using it since 1973.
Doesn't Python have the same?"

--
Steven D'Aprano
it everywhere." -- Jon Ronson